Induction motor efficiency

I am looking for step by step instruction for calculating the
efficiency of an induction motor (an ideally a breakdown of losses).
Can anyone help? I am particulary interested in exactly what to
measure, and how to correct for temperature in order to calculate the
I^2R losses.
I have found basic information on the web, but this seems to be more
theory than practical. There are no formuals on how to calculate the
individual losses.
Thanks in advance
ben
Reply to
BH
On 7/21/06 2:06 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com, "BH" wrote:
There is no substitute for true understanding of your subject. Instead of looking for a magic formula and applying it incorrectly, go to suitable books on AC Machinery. They are available at a LIBRARY or a BOOK STORE. Any college or university offering electrical engineering will have them. These books will tell you how to make unloaded tests and blocked rotor tests that will allow you to get good estimates of losses.
Bill -- Ferme le Bush
Reply to
Salmon Egg