Insulated Rubber Backing

I need a rubber backing material for some low voltage electrical contacts because there has to be a slight give when the contacts come
together, and I was hoping to get recommendations on what kind of rubber to use. (The voltages will be in the order of +5, -5, +12. -12, & +24).
I was looking at rubbers made for gaskets and I'm trying to decide between Nitrile, Styrene Butadiene/Natural Rubber blend, and generic cork rubber..
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

It seems that everyone else just uses spring-loaded contacts. my cordless phone, my computers's cpu, my camera flash ...
if you must use something flexible and waterproof "+1" for neutral cure RTV silicone
--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 12:42:12 -0700 (PDT), Searcher7

Could you explain more about why you need the contacts to "give" when closed? You would not want to disturb the wiping action of the contacts.
Tom

It will be a row of 16 contacts and the idea is to make sure that each contact will mate consistently with it's opposite when the top and bottom rows come together.
Nylon blocks serve as the supports over which the contacts are laid, and the I want the thin rubber to go between the blocks and the contacts. This way none of the contacts will separate as a result of vibration.
Thanks.
Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.
On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 20:30:52 -0800 (PST), Searcher7

So I gather that you made this contact arrangement. Usually the contacts are held together by springs and the wiper arm is spring material and arranged so that the contacts slide as they contact. Thin rubber supplying the closure force in quite unorthodox.
Tom