Looking for pins for "daughter" board standoff

Looking for a source of pins to connect 2 PCBs.
An obsolete relay needs to be replaced with a modern one with different form
factor and pin layout. The new relay will be mounted to an adapter PCB and this PCB will be connected to the old relay through-hole pattern via long solder pins.
I seem to recall pins that have a larger diameter "shoulder" that fit snugly into a 0.1 inch hole for soldering.
It's these pins that I can't seem to locate. I'm sure it's because my search terms aren't very efficient.
What are these called? A link to a Mouser or DigiKey page?
Thanks.

If you're thinking of what I think you're thinking of, you mean 0.1" *center* holes -- i.e., the PCB holes for the .056 wire-wrap pin size -- then check Digikey (or Mouser or ...) for items in the Vector line. In Digikey it's Vector -> Prototyping Products -> Accessories. Also pins for smaller (.042") holes and other handy gadgets.
Many are non-stocked items but might give you a pointer to a part number for further searches.
--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

.025" wire-wrap pins, on .100" centers?

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:25:58 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Dang. Yes, of course. No excuse, either, since I had the digital calipers and some wire-wrap pins (used on a protoboard) sitting on my desk at the time. ::sigh::
--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

That happens. ;-) I added the '?' because there were at least two different sized WW pins (though .056 on .100 is pretty big).

something like this? http://www.keyelco.com/pdfs/NPB2007-micro-pins.pdf
-Lasse
DaveC wrote:

They were sold as "solder post" and sometimes "solder pin". I have some silver-plated ones from way back when but much too small for your case.
Are you sure about the 0.100" diameter? That's rather massive and almost guaranteed to be a custom order. A machine shop can make those.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com /
DaveC wrote:

If this is to fit the original PC board, why don't you snip off the old relay from its base and use it?

Collet pins?
No wait....
Solderless Pressfit PCB pin
<http://www.mill-max.com/pin_rec_catalog/productInfo.cfm?webpartnumber 95&start=1&leaddiameterrange=&pin_or_rec=pin&PartDescription=Solderless%20Pressfit%20PCB%20Pin&taildiameter=0.036&tailtype=SOLDERTAIL&mountingfeature=PRESSFIT&mountinghole=0.057 (1.45 mm) &bodylength=&search=&pr=pin&stagecode=>
Or mill max 0995-0-0-15-00-00-03-0
Cheers

5 Years ago, I had a project with the exact same issue and found the PERFECT solution. Problem is - I can't remember their damn name!!! If I can dig it up, I send it along.
Basically, they stocked pins (headers & sockets) of all shapes and sizes with these little plastic "sleeves" to keep the pins at the right depth for soldering operations. You could get them in any configuration you pleased.
Until then, did you check out Keystone Electronics? They may have something that will work for you. Link: http://www.keyelco.com/catalogM55-test.asp
No guarantee I'll find that info - it was not in the place I thought it would be....
Good luck. -mpm
On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 10:55:26 -0700, DaveC wrote:

Pin headers