Is My Lamp Grounded?

A polarized plug is connected to the center terminal of the lampholder instead of the lampholder shell. It is NOT connected to the lamp body.

Reply to
Brad R.

Sorry, the neutral of a polarized plug is connected to the shell of the lampholder. It is NOT connected to the frame of the lamp.

Reply to
Brad R.

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 14:28:27 -0400, Jackson Gave us:

You're an idiot. The super servers are NOT the only NNTP servers in existence, dipshit.

Shows just how little you know about it.

You're an idiot. Mainly because you already posted this tripe once.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 14:28:27 -0400, Jackson Gave us:

By the way, dipshit. I'll bet that I can search up this very post (meaning YOURS) next month... on Google, and it WILL be there. Doh!

Reply to
DarkMatter

First of all where did you find the definition for "super server?" Second, I never claimed that only certain servers were in existence.

If I am an idiot, than why isn't this post in Google's archive? Or the one you are responding to above?

:)

Reply to
Jackson

Seeing that Google typically takes only takes a few hours max to post messages on their site, why would it take a month? But go ahead, check after a month, or two months, or however long you need!

Reply to
Jackson

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 20:03:21 -0400, Jackson Gave us:

You said: "If *THEY* ignore it than who do you set it for?"

Having short term memory problems? Or merely having trouble interpreting a simple response?

My posts do not get carried by google *at all*, much less for the duration of their retention time, in which they *DO* carry *ALL* posts. Even if a server does honor no archive requests, the post STILL stays on the server for the retention period, dipshit. Just not mine. Getting clue yet. I just love how everything has to be spelled out to you "know nothing, look it all up and STILL get it wrong" retards.

If your post was deleted due to YOUR vision of the server operation, then even *I* would not have seen your post. Get yerself a clue.

Doh!

More retarded baby bullshit.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 20:06:56 -0400, Jackson Gave us:

Look, retard boy. The term of one month was just to prove to your lame ass that YOUR post would STILL be there after a month. Doh!

Reply to
DarkMatter

That's right. Your messages include x-no-archive: yes

And your proof for this allegation is?

I just checked with a friend from colleg who works at Google in California. He confirms everything I said here.

Your hypotheticals don't make sense.

You need to resort to profanity, but it does not help your argument.

Nothing you have said changes the fact that the x-no-archive: yes in the header or first line in a message prevents Google from archiving the post. Period.

Reply to
Jackson

Needing to resort to ad hominem attacks certainly did not help your argument.

The post will be there after many months if it is archived. However, your posts or mine will not be archive if the x-no-archive: yes flag is set. According to my friend at Google, this feature was also invoked for legal purposes, to give everyone an easy option to "opt out".

Reply to
Jackson

I described a simple experiment that would prove or disprove your theory. Why won't you conduct the experiment?

Reply to
Guy Macon

I described the experiment that would prove his theory. He says that he isn't archived no matter how he sets x-no-archive; all he has to do is to post without it once and see if the post gets archived. Why argue about something when you can conduct a simple experiment that shows who is right?

Reply to
Guy Macon

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 23:17:17 -0400, Jackson Gave us:

You have no clue about NNTP server setups, and how it is entirely up to the server admin as to whether or not the flag is even observed.

You ... are truly clueless without the help of a text or butt buddy.

You are most certainly the clueless one.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 23:19:35 -0400, Jackson Gave us:

Free speech.

It's NOT their option, it is Google's right to archive ANY post that crosses their servers, REGARDLES of that flag. No ifs ands or buts.

MAYBE one day, you will get it.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 23:26:00 -0400, Jackson Gave us:

Screw you.

You 're a true retard. California and 47 other states have budget deficits, dingledorf. California, being the largest single state economy in the country, and fifth largest in the world is surely going to suffer more than most others as a result of past events.

The caparison was that you are soooooo stoopid, the you are like the twits that think that a recall is OK to spend more money on, and that Ahnohld can perform as a governor.

To again refer to that topic, however... What it really comes down to is practically criminally dirty pool by the republican party. From the hype about the economy, to the petition for the recall, all the way down the line, they are slimy little bastards. Show me a statesman.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 04:52:12 +0000, Guy Macon Gave us:

Had I seen your post, I would have responded to it. Don't get yer bloomers in a bunch.

Google does not even carry my posts... T ALL. regardless of the setting. Most google subscribers ONLY see my posts via others' replies. DIG? Same goes for supernews, and most other big pay servers.

Reply to
DarkMatter

It's archived on Google (search on "DarkMatter" and "experiment"), but I will repeat it for you so that you can do the experiment:

Please post something without the x-no-archive. That's the experiment.

The experiment that I described will prove or disprove this assertion.

Many others (including me) have done this experiment with our own posts, and have always had the same results; add "x-no-archive: yes" to the headers or the first line, Google doesn't archive the post. Remove "x-no-archive: yes" from the headers or the first line, Google does archive the post. This is also what Google's documentation says will happen. You claim that your posts don't act this way. Please do the experiment and show me.

BTW, did you ever do the experiment I described that would verify your claim that a plug breaks both Hot and Neutral at the same time when you partially unplug it?

(Also note that I have always treated you with respect and that I expect to be treated with respect by you. No insults, please.)

Reply to
Guy Macon

For those who wish to engage in flame wars, I have prepared a resource that you can use to liven up your flames. It's at

HTH. :)

Reply to
Guy Macon

Reply to