Is My Lamp Grounded?

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 20:56:21 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

Show me what rule I broke, you top posting dipshit!

Reply to
DarkMatter

Ross Mac

Reply to
Ross Mac

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 03:04:48 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

You are a LOT slow, dufus. Every single top post you make proves that to the nth degree.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 03:05:19 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

Point out the location where that is a rule, f*****ad.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Reply to
Ross Mac

Reply to
Ross Mac

Bottom vs. top posting and quotation style on Usenet

Why bottom-posting is better than top-posting

+What do you mean "my reply is upside-down"?
The advantages of usenet's quoting conventions
Why should I place my response below the quoted text?
Quoting Style in Newsgroup Postings
"Top posting classically or stereotypically involves no trimming and of course no contextualizing.of prior posts; contrasted with contextualized posts, which sequence questions and responses in order and context, along with trimming of unnecessary lines. In this contrast, the top post is disorderly, messy, and most notably egocentrical, because it leaves all of the cleaning up and reorganization to the correspondent context posters and because it inappropriately emphasizes the importance of whatever the top poster has to say or ask while mostly disregarding everything anyone else has been said before. It also expects the next reader to try to guess at what part of the previous posts the top poster is referring.and makes it nearly impossible to contextualize hir own responses." -Mike Easter

From (spit!) microsoft:

"When including text from a previous message in the thread, trim it down to include only text pertinent to your response. Your response should appear below the quoted information." -

That is a failing that applies to all, irrespective as to whether their style is prefix, infix or postfix.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

There are instances where top posting is proper: in answering an Email, and including some previous Email correspondence so that the receiving party will have some idea what has transpired previously. This could be the thoughts of top posters on Usenet also. If a reader wants to peruse what has previously transpired, he can go down through the previous communications. If not, then the top posting can be read and just move on.

Most of the time, I move down a posting to find the section that has no >

marks in it and read what the poster posted. If I am interested enough in the subject matter to peruse what has transpired, I can peruse the >, or the

most posters.

Reply to
indago

Looks like a good argument for Top Posting huh.... Funny thing....a question about an electical cord turned into a modern day version of "The Taming of the Shrew" and it appears the Shrew has changed his handle...Not a bad move on his part......

Reply to
Ross Mac

*plonk*

I hope that you never need to have your electrical engineering questions answered, because you just got dumped in the killfile of everyone here who is an expert. (the fact that one or two idiots also dislike top posting only shows that even a stopped clock is right twice a day.)

Here are those web pages again. Try reading them this time.

Bottom vs. top posting and quotation style on Usenet

Why bottom-posting is better than top-posting

+What do you mean "my reply is upside-down"?
The advantages of usenet's quoting conventions
Why should I place my response below the quoted text?
Quoting Style in Newsgroup Postings

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 09:48:23 +0000,  @ .  Gave us:

I guess he is just as retarded as I stated. I don't have any patience with those twits. They are mostly lazy idiots that will NEVER change anything about their lameness.

Same kind of twits that ignore the rules of the road when driving, and litter all over the place nonchalantly.

Thanks for the links.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 11:48:13 +0100, "Airy R. Bean" Gave us:

Top posters are ALL DIPFIX. DOH!

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 17:13:12 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

You're a goddamned idiot. It is a totally different person, you retard. Learn how to read USENET headers, right AFTER you learn how to post correctly. DOH!

Reply to
DarkMatter

Reply to
Ross Mac

Maybe you should cut back on the medical marijuana!

Reply to
Ross Mac

Reply to
Ross Mac

It is better to ignore the infantile than to give them the attention that they seek; a problem caused invariably by having inadequate parents.

If you respond as she does, then you are indistinguishable from her.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

This is a discussion group. If you want to raise some points and discuss them, then do so. Sending others off to do a pile of reading is a poor quality approach to debate.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean