kWH and Units ? Query

I have obtained a device which reads Volts,Watts,Amps,and kWH which enables
me to find out what a particular device uses in the way of electric power.
My main use is in finding out how much my water pump uses which pumps water
from a near source to my house. The pump is controlled by a pressure switch
which only operates when a tap is opened and the pressure falls.
What I want to know is how I relate this kWH reading to Units used which my
electricity bill shows.?
Blair
Reply to
Blair
One thought - you may want to get a second hand electric meter and connect that in circuit, rather than using one of these cheap plug in things. Ebay have lots, starting from bids of 2.99. One of these will generally give far more accurate readings that match with what your householder meter registers.
Reply to
Palindrome
The units are the same. Your bill shows kWH used, and that is what you pay for. It should also show the rate in $/kWH so you can calculate the cost.
Ben Miller
Reply to
Ben Miller
trying to figure out a bill this days is pretty difficult with all the various charges and credits and taxes. use some math to find out how many cents per kWH you actully pay. total bill / total usage. then read the kWH meter on the pump and multiply to find cost.
Reply to
TimPerry
Thanks - I have already worked out the total cost of a unit which in my case is now 10.2p and will apply that to the readings Blair
Reply to
Blair

Site Timeline