LCD driver on digital clocks

Hello all, I have two reasonably new digital LCD clocks that have a display that is green background and black characters. On my wife's clock, it was so bright
at nite to keep her awake. I toned it down a bit by dimming the LED's that lit it from behind. Now it is somewhat hard to read. I think it would be better if I could reverse the display so that only the characters are lit. I am not that familiar with LCD drivers, but is there usually a pin on some (or all) of them that will reverse the display, or is there some other trick I can use? Sorry I dont have more info on the chips at this point, but if it isn't possible, no sense cracking it open again. Thanks for any insight.
--
-bye,
Rick

"Rick" < snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com> wrote in message