Need help

Hi all,

I am a translator currently working on a switchgear manual. Under the section entitled "Ratings: Feeder/Incomer & Bus-section units", I have the following: "Rated operating sequence: 0 - 0.3 sec. - CO - 5 sec. - CO"

I don't know what to make of that bit: "0 - 0.3 sec. - CO - 5 sec. - CO". What does CO stand for here?

Thanks a lot in advance

Nina

Reply to
nina

How about posting the whole paragraph? I have worked with translators into Spanish before and I have had to take paragraphs to make pages in Spanish. I believe this section is talking about how fast the breaker will clear or close. But since many breakers can be installed into an given section I am guessing. WAG

Reply to
SQLit

See IEEE standard C37.010

?s falke

"n> Hi all,

Reply to
s falke

Thanks, I tried to check the standard throught the IEEE site, but was prompted for a user name and password. Anyway, after some further research I now assume that C and O stand for "closed" and "open". Can you confirm that that is right?

Reply to
nina

Thanks for your response. Actually, there's not much context to provide, as the line I posted is just an item in a list. From the information you provided and other info I found on the net, I assume that C stands for close and O for open (clear?). Is that right?

Reply to
nina

That is correct, the 0.3 is the closing time for the device. The 0.5 (1/2 a sec) is the opening of the circuit due to the in rush current exposed to the circuit. L8TR, Mod

Reply to
ssparling