need to turn switch on/off at 1 - 5 second intervals

The subject pretty well defines my quest: need to turn switch on/off at 1 -
5 second intervals
Here's some background; I have a thermoblock that generates steam that is
too *wet*. I'd like to mount a valve (solenoid?) between the water mains &
the thermoblock that can be opened/closed at varying intervals. Can someone
point me toward a VERY cheap way to do this?
Robert Harmon
- My coffee pages.
- My 'Guidelines For Newbies' page.
- I have things for sale here.
Remove "Z" to reply via email.
Reply to
Robert Harmon
Generally speaking, things in this power and timing range (1-5 secs, AC Water solenoid) are cheapest when done mechanically. Think motor, cam and microswitch.
Reply to
Benj
Assuming you have a mains powered solenoid:
Reply to
ehsjr
An equivalent adjustable commercial repeat cycle relay is available for about $54 - may not be "VERY cheap"
are available 12/24/120V AC/DC and 240VAC for the timer, with isolated contacts.
New solenoid valves might start around $20 - depends on flow rate.
-- bud--
Reply to
Bud--

Site Timeline