NEMA 10-20R wiring

I have a dual-voltage 110 / 220V welder that comes with a NEMA 10-20 plug and a separate frame-grounding clamp. Wiring diagrams for the 10-20R receptacle show the angled blades connected to hot wires with a 250V potential, and the vertical blade connected to the common conductor. How does one wire the receptacle for 110V? Thanks!

Reply to
Chuck

george_corinne

Abuse reported...

Reply to
krw

| I have a dual-voltage 110 / 220V welder that comes with a NEMA 10-20 plug | and a separate frame-grounding clamp. Wiring diagrams for the 10-20R | receptacle show the angled blades connected to hot wires with a 250V | potential, and the vertical blade connected to the common conductor. How | does one wire the receptacle for 110V? Thanks!

You would have to switch to a NEMA 5-50 plug and bring in a 40 amp circuit to operate this unit on 120 volts. You are better off sticking with 240 volts.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

Reply to
george_corinne