Phase noise

On 12/12/2003 "Floyd Davidson" opined:-

In this one exceptional instance I tend to agree with you, but as you seem to be completely oblivious to the true nature of Mr Bean, I refer your attention to several hundreds of his postings in a great number of technical groups. Take a look back through the archives of a.e.e u.r.a and uk.rec.models.engineering if you doubt the reasons for my objections.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

in article 3fd8719c$1_2@127.0.0.1, Blair at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on

12/11/03 5:31 AM:

Sure it can go in reverse. What is to stop it? It is the equivalent of overmodulating in fm.

get out your refgerence and do som math. Include Bessel functions/

Bill

Reply to
Repeating Rifle

I'm not sure if the comment was directed at me, if so, then his continuing childish remarks justify my ongoing ignoring of Mr.Bloomfield.

At the risk of seeming to be paranoid, I assume that Mr.Bloomfield's continuing use of childish forms of expression was directed at me, and answer accordingly.....

Ham Radio is a technical pursuit for those suitably motivated and qualified. it differs from CB Radio (And the new Brit form, the M3/CB licence) which are consumerist hobbies for the uneducated and direction-lacking man-in-the-street.

I cross-posted the topics because they are very relevant to the ongoing education of _REAL_ Radio Hams.

I can understand Mr.Bloomfield's jealousy, however, as I understand that he is try> >"Airy R. Bean" wrote on Thursday (11/12/2003) :

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

I don't know what it is that Mr.Bloomfield refers to as, "antics".

I have ma> >"Floyd Davidson" wrote on Friday (12/12/2003) :

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

I agree strongly. If I'm in a hurry, long posts with much pre-quoting and where the new material is off-the-page just get passed over. Top posts are always read, 'cos the new material is right there in front of you.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

I would criticise you for that kind of response. Quite often, recourse is made to this NG when the lecturers and the text-book writers have failed, as they often do. (One is therefore forced to ask why these lecturers continue to be paid?)

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Try a google or other archive search on the postings of Airy Bean (Gareth Alun Evans) to uk.radio.amateur and I think you will very soon realise that it is you who lacks sufficient background knowledge to make an informed judgement on the value of his postings.

HAND Floyd

best

Andy, M1EBV

Reply to
Andy Cowley

Airy Bean (Gareth Alun Evans) has a rather poor reputation for accuracy and understanding in the uk.radio.amateur newsgroup, which is where this is cross posted. He has a well deserved reputation as an idiot. His nom-de-plume is an anagram of the name of a respected poster to this group, for instance. If he continues to post to alt.e.e. you will soon find out why this post received the flames it did. Check his posting against some simple textbooks on the subject. You may well find it is a verbatim copy of one of them. uk.r.a sends its condolences to alt.e.e.

HAND

Andy Cowley

Reply to
Andy Cowley

Having recently got broadband, can one say that the quality aforethought that goes into your posting has not improved?

Try harder.

Reply to
Me

I am glad to see that your access to broadband has improved your knowledge of BR68, and you now realise that operating is a technical skill, whereas specifying, designing, constructing, adjusting, and modifying transmitting equipment are non-licensable activities.

Reply to
Me

See my recent posting about operating being a technical skill.

Reply to
Me

It might be an idea to consider your answers more fully, as silly slips and other mistakes can be avoided or corrected before posting, sometimes as elementary as getting the group right that you wish to post to.

Plus the fact that your responses appearing at the top give no context as to the points you are responding to, leading to much tedious scrolling-down.

It is much better to trim the posting to those points you wish to address, and intersperse your replies accordingly. It is simple enough to do.

Reply to
Me

It may come as a surpise to you, but there are newsreaders available which can display posts in ways other than the threaded. In cases like these, top-posting is a great inconvenience. Allowing for things like this is called 'consideration', or perhaps 'gentlemanly behaviour'. Have you ever heard of these terms?

Reply to
Me

Would this post be any the less true if 'lecturers' were replaced by 'software consultants'?

Reply to
Me

It is an entirely ridiculous thing to choose to criticise your fellow man based upon which end he cracks open his boiled egg.

Some like top-posting; others like bottom posting. Live and let live. Funny how it's always the bottom-posters who start the arguments.

How is your news reader "trashed" - sounds like a serious software bug in there somewhere? Why ot try a decent reader such as Outlook Express.?

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Actually, my newsreader (Outlook) doesn't get trashed and I certainly was not criticizing you. I don't mind how anyone posts nor do I think they want to hear me complain. Just a comment and an explanation of my experiences.......take care Airy, Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

By the way, most consider Outlook Express a lousy newsreader. I am just used to it and it serves my purposes. Did not mean to offend......Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

What is to stop it? Time? What am I missing? As I understand it, the phasor rotates with time. So if the phasor makes a full revolution (exclude noise) in a second the frequency is 1 Hz. If I plot the rotation out onto a time scale, the half way point (pi) would be at half a second. If the rotation then begins to go in the opposite direction, I would begin to make double points / unit of time on the time scale.

Reply to
Blair

You told us that you wrote your own software. Were you telling porkies? ...(_!_)...

Reply to
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

Then apologies.

Reply to