plc auto start generator

is there any info available on making a plc to auto start a small electric start (5kw) generator ? I am thinking if using the CLICK PLC CPU, 8 DC in / 6 relay out because
of the price. I have no prior experience with building from scratch ,but,I have had to work with them. Minor trouble shoot and repair. A question concerning the dc input is are they read as on/off or can it be made to read a voltage level like a meter would? Fyi I did search for a good while and I did not find any examples for this application.
JohnC wrote:

Is this a commercial installation or just something you're doing at home? If it's a home project, a PLC is using a sledge hammer to drive a finishing nail. A better tool would be one of the small PIC, AVR, or other microcontrollers. The chips are a few dollars at most and there's plenty of hobbyist support. A slightly more expensive route would be to use something like the arduino, again loads of hobbyist suport.