Power Co-Generation

Im working out the bugs on it but would it be possible to use an electrical motor to turn a generator and redistribute the power into my house therefore cutting the costs of my home power bill?

Joe

Reply to
Joe Grassi

You will need an additional generater to drive the electrical motor..

JC

Reply to
jclause

Well the Generators Prime Mover or the Electrical motor can be powered by the generator itself and brought up to operating speed and everything else by an air start or manual hand crank to get it going?

Reply to
Joe Grassi

No. The power into the motor will be greater than the power you get out. Both have losses.

Reply to
Don Kelly

If it was possible to do it cheaper we would all be doing it.

Reply to
Chris

Yes, a hand crank is the ticket... however you'll need continual input after getting it going, perhaps and additional motor to power the additional generator?

JC

Reply to
jclause

Perhaps positive feedback would offset the losses..

JC

Reply to
jclause

Troll, or he slept through physics class. John

Reply to
JohnR66