Power Supply Design for Measurement System

I am having a bit of trouble with designing a regulated power supply for a measurement system. I have access to a 12V battery and require a

+- 10V supply (for all my op-amps). I have designed the measurement system around a maximum voltage regulation error of +- 10 %, so I dont need a fantastic design, just one that can meet these specs.

Just in case you want to know the measurement system is designed to measure the wear of a brake disc on, for example, a formula one car. The system comprises of an oscillator and amplifier driving an LVDT, with each of the secondary outputs of the LVDT being rectified by a precision rectification stage. These two rectified signals are then put through an instrumentation amplifier, an anti-aliasing filter and then fed into the ADC of a microcontroller.

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!!

Reply to
hbennie

It obviously depends on what battery and what load current..

However, a standard buck boost regulator can be used to generate additional output rails by extra windings on the coil:

You will find a very wide range of designs at this web site, one of which should do! Plus, they give free samples..Some continue to provide a stabilised ±10v out with an input voltage range from 12 to 4.5 vols.

Reply to
Palindrome