Power Supply Design for Measurement System

I am having a bit of trouble with designing a regulated power supply for a measurement system. I have access to a 12V battery and require a
+- 10V supply (for all my op-amps). I have designed the measurement system around a maximum voltage regulation error of +- 10 %, so I dont need a fantastic design, just one that can meet these specs.
Just in case you want to know the measurement system is designed to measure the wear of a brake disc on, for example, a formula one car. The system comprises of an oscillator and amplifier driving an LVDT, with each of the secondary outputs of the LVDT being rectified by a precision rectification stage. These two rectified signals are then put through an instrumentation amplifier, an anti-aliasing filter and then fed into the ADC of a microcontroller.
I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It obviously depends on what battery and what load current..
However, a standard buck boost regulator can be used to generate additional output rails by extra windings on the coil:
http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/an_pk/3740
You will find a very wide range of designs at this web site, one of which should do! Plus, they give free samples..Some continue to provide a stabilised 10v out with an input voltage range from 12 to 4.5 vols.
--
Sue