Powering a PDU

First of all I am not an electrician by any means so this is probably a noob question.

I recently bought an EMC Connectrix server rack for a great deal. It came with a couple of PDUs but not sure if I can use them. No big deal if I can't can't use them but I thought it was a nice freebie.

The rectangular 3 prong input power connector to the PDUs, from what I look up, is type IEC 320. The output connectors take the standard male

3-prong "PC" power type bevelled connectors which I thought was IEC 320.

Question is can I power these PDUs with 120V from my APC SU2200RMXL or are they only good for higher voltage equipment?

It looks similar to this on ebay:

Except mine does not have the cord coming out and it has a male not female input connector.

Thanks in advance for any help, Eric

Reply to
brisnehan

Oops I typed 120V and I meant 110V

Eric

Reply to
brisnehan

Too bad. You should have meant 120V. If you still get 110V most of the time, I would complain to your power company.

Bill

-- Support the troops. Impeach Bush. Oh, I forgot about Cheney.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Can't complain because I don't know what the heck Im talking about. OK well it is an old historical building but whatever comes out of the standard wall in USA and whatever comes out of APCs UPS, that's what I have. Like I said I am so not an electrician. Sorry for any confusion. My question is, can I use these PDU's as described above to power standard computer equipment starting from the UPS?

Eric

Reply to
brisnehan