Psych test!

What is the wallpaper on your desktop? It's like handwriting analysis. Quite telling. :-]

Mine: Right now... a fine picture of Rita Hayworth.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

What is the wallpaper on your desktop? It's like handwriting analysis. Quite telling. :-]

Mine: Right now... a fine picture of Rita Hayworth.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

A Cessna C-37. It's supposed to make me get around to building a model of the thing, but I'm still waiting for it to take effect.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Mine: featureless plain blue.

John

Reply to
John Larkin

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 21:41:09 -0800, Tim Wescott Gave us:

Heheheh.. Sounds like Time issues weigh in. My view... Dreamer. :-]

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 21:44:50 -0800, John Larkin Gave us:

Utilitarian.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

"gray" here

usually no more than 20% of it visible at any time,I see no need to waste processor time or memory cache with a large image, this machine's too slow already.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

I have well, heck, I have it laying around here, lemme see.

Rest of y'all are an embarrassment to electronics! ;-)

Tim P.S. People replying to Roy... tsk tsk...

Tim Williams

Mine: featureless plain sage green ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

This computer has the "Space" wall paper that came with Windows ME, while the other five computers have it set to "none". This is the computer I use to manage all the other computers on my network, and it saves a little time when I remotely log into another computer by not having to copy wallpaper over the wired and wireless networks. BTW, I used Tweak UI to get rid of the BSOD. Mine are red! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Mine: an Eagle spacecraft on its launching pad from the fine British TV series

Space1999.http://www.scifidesktop.org.uk/Wallpaper/Sci-Fi/UK/Anderson/Space1999/Album/Eagle_Moon-5.jpg Please forgive me. Kim..the man with a girls name, and Frankensteins body

K `Sleep

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 07:40:24 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

Conservative, utilitarian, environmentalist.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:23:02 -0500, "K `Sleep" Gave us:

The link fails with a spank to the linker person.

Anyway, from the description.

Technically oriented, loyal to the government, but would love to "get away" from it all.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 15:21:09 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell" Gave us:

OMG, if you are worried about a few seconds of network traffic, you should very likely go back to school, 'cause Billy looks over your shoulder every time you boot up and run his crap OS.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

. .

A photo of a snow capped Goatfell as viewed from my office window. If you want to find Goatfell go to my house at 55D 34M 26.21S North 5D 8M 7.27S West on Google Earth and look NNW. You'll need to have terrain checked.

Reply to
John B

Hey! What can I say? Its so easy to shoot fish in a barrel when they're all floaters. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sno-o-o-o-ort! Good thing I didn't have a mouth full of coffee ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

Can you put that into any human language for the rest of us? Say, are you a descendant of one of the monkeys the movie company lost at Silver Springs when they shot the old "Tarzan" movies in Ocala? I know a few got away when Marion county paid trappers to collect them to send them to zoos. They had to get rid of them. Like you, they were screeching at people and throwing their shit at anyone who got close enough to the trees they were hiding in. It really spoiled dining outdoors at the couple restaurants near Silver Springs. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

An abstract photograph (because it was dark, the sensitivity of teh camera all the way up, and teh exposure longish under strreet lighting giving a stroboscopic effect) of a horse+rider in the show races in Orgosolo on Sardinia.

Thomas

Reply to
Zak

Wallpaper images, probably the most useless thing you can dedicate five or six megabytes of memory to do. A plain color or even a pattern are reasonably efficient, but wallpaper images must occupy memory all the time, it can't even be swapped as it all must be available continuously just to "repair" the desktop image whenever you move a window.

Now tell me how wrong I am about that.

I guess you're really enjoying the hell out of that steel wool, huh?

Reply to
Anthony Fremont