Psych test!

On 19/03/2006 the venerable Jasen Betts etched in runes:

My understanding is that most graphics engines have a separate plane for the wallpaper image so that once it's loaded there's no more to do. Wallpaper shouldn't use any of the CPU resources.

Reply to
John B

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 12:59:13 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

You should both get together so you can jack each other off.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

wallpaper image so

CPU resources.

Wow, more memory and dataflow per second than existed in the entire world in 1950, all so my wife can have a picture of a cat on her screen.

John

Reply to
John Larkin

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:38:53 +0100, Zak Gave us:

Won't they be angry with you upon Tralfamador? :-]

Roy L. Fuchs

It's amazing what fantasies get revealed...

John

Reply to
John Larkin

On 19 Mar 2006 23:03:05 GMT, "John B" Gave us:

wallpaper image so

CPU resources.

Somebody needs to tell Anthony FreeTurd that.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 15:29:30 -0800, John Larkin Gave us:

It's amazing that you think those two retards laughing at each others' jokes means that they were fantasizing.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On 19/03/2006 the venerable John Larkin etched in runes:

wallpaper image so

the CPU resources.

That's probably true. The first computer I used back in the early 60's was an Elliot 805 with a whole 16K bytes of magnetic core storage. It was a real pain when you dropped the punched cards on the floor and had to sort them out, although changing one line of assembler was as easy as putting a new card in the stack.

Reply to
John B

for the wallpaper image so

any of the CPU resources.

He didn't say it wouldn't use any RAM. Please try reading it next time. At any rate, I think John might be confusing wallpaper with a "texture" in graphics processing.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

the wallpaper image so

the CPU resources.

Elliot 805 with a

the punched cards on

as easy as putting

Punched cards were a wonderful improvement over paper tape. You could write the names of subroutines in the top edge of each stack and *see* the structure of your program. And copy stacks of cards for "design reuse." We hacked the PDP-11 assembler (and Focal, too) to read cards, and even punch cards.

After you got a program working, it was prudent to take a marker and a ruler and draw a big diagonal line across the entire program deck, so if you dropped it you'd have a start on getting them back in order.

John

Reply to
John Larkin

Oh, I wasn't referring to *their* fantasies.

John

Reply to
John Larkin
60's was an Elliot 805 with a

dropped the punched cards on

assembler was as easy as putting

Didn't anyone put sequence numbers in columns 73 thru 80?

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 00:26:01 GMT, "Anthony Fremont" Gave us:

There you go, claiming to be able to think again.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 16:28:49 -0800, John Larkin Gave us:

Oh, I knew that you wouldn't get it.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

The Stone Brewery gargoyle, as seen at

Richard Henry

for the wallpaper image so

any of the CPU resources.

an Elliot 805 with a

dropped the punched cards on

assembler was as easy as putting

Align your card stack. Draw a diagonal line across the top of the stack with a dark pen.

Reply to
Richard Henry

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 18:58:14 -0800, "Richard Henry" Gave us:

Cool. You are the Gate Keeper as in "GhostBusters" :-]

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Well, I sure didn't.

John

Reply to
John Larkin

That's about how I look after all that corned beef and Black&Tans on Saturday.

John

Reply to
John Larkin

sure it can be swapped, you just have to wait a bit for the repairs same as any other swapped application.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts