Question about high-voltage lines bouncing

There are some high-voltage lines running along the road behind my house and now and then I'll notice one of them bouncing up and down. Is this caused by something physically striking the line somewhere along the way and setting up a chain reaction, or does it have something to do with the power flowing through the line?

Reply to
cottonchipper

Wind.

Simple as that.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

| | Wind. | | Simple as that. | | Charles Perry P.E.

Unless, of course, you'd rather believe it was aliens in hovering flying saucers that just got done tapping for energy and detached the probes a bit too quickly to escape your visual detection :-)

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

They should have merely used the Eveready Bunny, like most aliens do...

Reply to
The Great Attractor