Question about high-voltage lines bouncing

There are some high-voltage lines running along the road behind my house and now and then I'll notice one of them bouncing up and down.
Is this caused by something physically striking the line somewhere along the way and setting up a chain reaction, or does it have something to do with the power flowing through the line?

Wind.
Simple as that.
Charles Perry P.E.
| |> There are some high-voltage lines running along the road behind my |> house and now and then I'll notice one of them bouncing up and down. |> Is this caused by something physically striking the line somewhere |> along the way and setting up a chain reaction, or does it have |> something to do with the power flowing through the line? |> | | Wind. | | Simple as that. | | Charles Perry P.E.
Unless, of course, you'd rather believe it was aliens in hovering flying saucers that just got done tapping for energy and detached the probes a bit too quickly to escape your visual detection :-)
On 13 May 2007 06:21:53 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ipal.net wrote:

They should have merely used the Eveready Bunny, like most aliens do...