Re: Single phase 240v Motor in reverse

Where is the cap in your diagram? However, you appear to have the idea.

Reply to
Don Kelly

Thx Don. Yep the cap is in there Ok on the start line. I tried it & it works mostly OK. A couple of times it had probs starting in reverse, I turned it a bit by hand & all went OK. I also accidently hit reverse once when I meant off... and motor changed direction, didn't think it would do that. since switch is in start winding, not run winding?

Thx again.

Reply to
Richard

-If it is "capacitor start" then there will be a centrifugal switch as well (normally to disconnect the start winding at speed) so as the motor slows, this switch will close, re-inserting the start winding. In this case, you should not change direction. You likely also have a run capacitor for better full load performance and this will be reversed- causing reverse rotation. In terms of torques and currents-avoid switching without letting the machine stop- longer life to your motor.

Reply to
Don Kelly

"Don Kelly" wrote

What X?