Replacing 277v fan motor...options...?

Old E.E. has forgotten his power chops; 'need some opinions/options on crossing an old/failed 1/2 HP 277v (1650 rpm) ac motor: This unit - from an aged UPS blower subsystem - looks to have used a leg of the 408 for power, yet now that it's failed...and not the capacitor, unfortunately...is apparently irreplaceable at a sufficiently high rpm. There are 1075 rpm units in abundance, but I don't want to suffer the CFM drop associated with the reduced speed.

'Any chance a single-phase 208v unit would survive at the 30+% increased voltage - stop laughing! - or am I relegated to a 5-6A buck-boost xformer to make a 208v motor happy? I'm surprised that none of the manufacturers cannot cross to the faster speed requirement, but it seems that I can either have 277v (1075rpm) or 1625rpm (208v), but not both!

Thanks Paul

P.S. - were it not an emergency, I'd already have the frame to my local motor rewinding shop...yet that may be in the cards nonetheless...

Reply to
moapys

No, and I can't, in that order :-)

Reply to
.p.jm

What frame size is it? Shaft length or other dimensional data strange... like a X at the end of the frame sig?

A 1725 RPM or so would not unusual at that HP... or at 277.

More info, please! Frame size, shaft dims. and mounting. There's a motor out there for this. A motor shop will laugh at a 1/2 horse rewind....

Jake

Reply to
Jake

For odd motors, I've had very good luck with this company.

much of a web site. You have to call them, but the guys answering the phones seem to know their stuff.

Reply to
Bob

This is Turtle.

only if you knew enough about his problem to be able to answer him correctly and not give him a side step answer ! It is sad to see a person portraing and not being able to answer a question.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE