Ring

Do anyone tell me which way to know about " Ring " that concerning mathmatics? Or which Web could be go to search?

Reply to
wfkwong

There is only one thing you need to know about "Rings" Take a look here

***se-pwned.jpg Krik Johnson - Stretchin it wide since 1977.

Reply to
Kirk Johnson

IIRC, a ring is an algebra in which the members have "products" and "sums" that are associative. Associative means that order is not important. In addition, inverse ring operations may not yield members of the ring. Compare rings to "fields" that have two group operations and inverses.

The typical example as a ring is the set of polynomials.

For more information, you are on your own, but I hope this helps you find what you want.

Bill

Reply to
<salmonegg

If you mean a webring, you can start at