Ring Main

I am studying at the moment to become an electrician,but there is something that i would like to know now.

I believe that you can have as many sockets on a ring main circuit as you want,as long as you don't exceed 100sq meters of floor space.I have been told that you cannot exceed 60 meters of cable.Is this so ?

Thanks in advance Gary Moore

Reply to
gary moore

I'm not suggesting this is the case, but perhaps the 60 meters might be a rule of thumb for limiting voltage drop on a fully loaded ring main. Try a worst case permisable voltage drop calculation at 60 meters for

2x 2.5mm.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield