small electrical lever

Hello (=

umm... I'm not a pro or anything, so pardon my "termanology" (=

I'm looking for a small electrical lever, about the size of a hand and as flat as possible. It needs to be button activated (open/close). The lever needs about a 180degree rotation and strong enough to lift aout

4lbs.

Here's a crappy diagram =D

I don't know where to look, so before I 'surf the interweb' I thought I'd try here (=

Thanks!

`robert

Reply to
KingRobert

First thoughts:

You might like to look at using a high power sail servo, this page shows some of the devices available:

You can get them from +/- 45 degreess operation, up to several turns.

The servo could easily be modified to work from push buttons/ push button and a direction switch - or you can buy a servo tester, which would allow you to operate it, forwards and backwards, also.

Reply to
Palindr☻me

Check out a Jandy swimming pool valve actuator (or one of the clones). They will do what you want if speed is not an issue. If you want it faster you need something with a bigger motor.

Reply to
gfretwell

I think the term you're looking for is rotary actuator or rotary solenoid if that helps.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman