Soldering on a chromed surface

Recently, I tried to solder a ground wire to the shell of SPDT mini toggle switch but I could not get the tin sticked on to the chrome
surface. Please if any expert would let me know the proper way to get it done.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.hk wrote:

If it is just something that is plated/coated (and not, say, stainless steel), remove the plating* and solder to the brass underneath.
*A "Dremel-type" tool with a grinding wheel is my current preferred method..
-- Sue
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 01:18:17 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.hk wrote:

These usually ground to the chassis or you use a tabbed washer under the mounting stud with a wire soldered to that.
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 16, 8:18 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.hk wrote:

phosphoric acid brushed on prior to soldering is the solution to ur problem. no pun intended.
Add pictures here
✖