Soldering on a chromed surface

Recently, I tried to solder a ground wire to the shell of SPDT mini
toggle switch but I could not get the tin sticked on to the chrome
surface. Please if any expert would let me know the proper way to get
it done.
Reply to
mikeykhhung
If it is just something that is plated/coated (and not, say, stainless steel), remove the plating* and solder to the brass underneath.
*
A "Dremel-type" tool with a grinding wheel is my current preferred method..
-- Sue
Reply to
Palindrome
These usually ground to the chassis or you use a tabbed washer under the mounting stud with a wire soldered to that.
Reply to
gfretwell
phosphoric acid brushed on prior to soldering is the solution to ur problem. no pun intended.
Reply to
Danny