Sony Trinitron Wega 27-inch sync question

Is it possible to have audio and video sync problems on a TV?

At times I think the sync is off because the audio doesn't appear to match the peoples' mouth movement.

Is this the TV stations who broadcast the shows or possibly my TV has a problem?

TIA

Reply to
Steve

I have observed this on every TV set I have owned. It is not a set problem.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young

Most movies have all the dialog replaced in audio post production so what you hear is rarely what the actor was speaking.

My satellite box seems to get out of sync, and when it happens resetting it fixes it. I imagine that TV stations have the same problems but can only reset the stream during commercials.

It is not the TV.

Reply to
Wecan do it

I see this a lot on our cable high definition channels. I know that signal has a short time delay from the normal station material, and it looks like the sound and video often get out of sync.

Reply to
Ben Miller