speaker switch for computer

Hi all,

I am trying to build a speaker switch to share 1 set of speakers between 2 computers.... The speakers I have are Logitech Z-640 (5.1).. They require 3 connections to the computer, Front, rear, Center/Sub..

Each connection to the computer is a Stereo 3.5mm plug with 3 wires

What I need to know is what type of switch i need to be able to switch from

1 computer to the other without giving feedback or grounding out to the other system....

I got the 3.5mm jacks already.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Chris

I bought a IOGEAR 4 position switch that allows the sound to be switched when I go between the 3 computers I have. ~$90 when I ordered mine.

There are older style KVM switches available that do the same thing with buttons.

The IOGEAR switch I have I push crtl,shift,alt pretty fast and the cap lock and other lights begin to flash. Then I push 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 and I am changed immediately to that computer. One monitor, one keyboard, one set of speakers works for me. Lets me do 3 things at a time.

Reply to
SQLit

Get a 6 pole, 2 throw rotary switch. You just need to switch the tip and middle ring, the common stem (DC ground) can be wired common between the PCs as long as they are on the same power leg of the panel. If you are coming from different circuits of the panel YMMV.

Reply to
gfretwell

How about a quadruple-pole, double-throw. a.k.a. "4P2T"

MP

Reply to
spinning