Strip lighting bulb doesn't fit?

I'm feel a bit embarrassed. For the first time in my life I have to change a strip lighting bulb and I can't do it. The holes in one socket seem to be
out of alignment with the ones in the opposite.
Is there some trick to this? Am I supposed to twist the thing somehow?
(It's a 70 inch long bulb, bought from B&Q.)
Mike
Mike Pulley wrote:

http://repairshandbook.oxford.gov.uk/oxfordirb/fluorescenttube.html
The centre of the brackets rotate. Normally by sticking the pins of a tube in one socket and /gently/ twisting the tube..
--
Sue

Yes, you normally twist the tube by 90 degrees and then pull the tube straight down. If the holes are out of alignment at each end, simply put the tune in the end that is wrong and then twist it to get both ends in line. Do this with the fitting turned OFF.
--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11