sychronizing generator

hi...im the new member in this group...hope you welcome me will.... i have a questions "why is neccesary to sychronizing a generator?" how can we synchronis? "what are the methods for synchronizing""what is a sychronizing" hope you will answer this because this is my term paper to be pass.... my professor ask me to research this about the synchronizing generator plss reply me AS SOON AS POSSIBLE..... tnx

Reply to
nemo

Hie thee to a library!

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

If you try to connect a generator to the system without synchronising- all hell can break loose. You can then do your research in the dark. As Salmon Egg suggests, "hie thee to a library" where most machines and/or power system texts deal with this. Your prof also asks you to research this topic-implying, at least, a perusal of library information. Failing this- visit the local utility.

Reply to
Don Kelly

I had to do my own research - before the internet -

Only a boy would ask for help with his homework, a man would do it himself.

Reply to
Spokesman

perhaps you would care to explain, in detail, what you already know about "synchronizing a generator". then perhaps, someone might point out any gross errors in your understanding.

Reply to
TimPerry

I answered some of the same questions for someone else a while back. Search the archives in this group.

For large machines, if it isn't done right, you can damage the machine and the switchgear. Get it 180 out of phase (about the worst thing you could do), and you can break drive shafts, tear up machine mounts, blow-up things in general.

What specifically are you looking for? How an operator does it? instrumentation needed? theory of operation?

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom