Tektronix 2465B Error on turn-on

I have a Tektronix 2465B (400MHz) scope that I picked up from my company that was getting rid of some old stuff.

When I turn the scope on, it gives me Test 05 Fail 42 error. I clear it by hitting the trigger button I believe and I can start to use the scope. It doesn't seem like anything is wrong, but then after a while the picture sort of dissapears on me. If you move the position up and down you can sort of see some blur of light, but if I shut it off for a little while and turn it back on, it works again.

I haven't had much time to fool around with it and figure out just what's going on so I could describe it better, but I was wondering if this alarm had anything to do with my problem or are they two different problems?

If anyone knows what these codes are and/or how to fix the scope, please let me know.

Thanks

Reply to
Peter

Send it to Tek and ask for calibration. Send in all the probes as well. They will tell you what it will cost.

Reply to
SQLit

My guess is, it is a power supply failure. Possibly focus voltage problem.

Reply to
Dave M.