Think I'm selling my Tek 2465B Scope

I have my Tektronix 2465B scope which the display shuts off after about

10min of using it.

It's been told by numerous people that it's a famous U800 chip which is no longer made (I've looked into this). So I'm thinking about selling it for parts, anyone interested? Or does anyone have a suggestion for me on how to get this nice scope up and working?

Reply to
Peter

If it shuts down after 10 minutes, maybe the chip is overheating (for whatever reason) or is getting heat-sensitive. How about getting some heavy-duty cooling onto it?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Bill wrote in news:ILOdnY91SbdE2g snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net:

Originally the scope was shutting off after 10min, I put it aside for about a year (because I forgot about it). When I started looking into the problem again, it worked fine but I had an error message on the screen. Someone at Tektronix assisted me with trying to run some calibration stuff on it. During this process, I also added a heat sink to that chip (per the suggestion of a few people through here). After a few days of trying to calibrate it, the scope started shutting off again.

I blasted the chip with freeze spray a year ago and again recently without success, but have noticed the chip's outputs change state as soon as the screen shuts off, so it looks like the problem lyies in the chip which I can't get.

So now I'm stuck with a scope in excellent condition, but has this shutting off problem and error messages.

Reply to
Peter

Where are you located and what price range? It will make it easier fro someone to make a decision.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

I live in the Boston, MA area and as far as price goes, make me an offer.

Reply to
Peter