THE SINGLETON PATTERN ?

Hello everyone, I have been researching the Singleton Pattern. Since the singleton pattern uses a private constructor which in turn reduces extendability, if you make the Singleton Polymorphic what sort of problems/issues should be considered?

Also, I see that a singleton needs to be set up with certain data such as file name, database URL etc. What issues are involved in this, and how would you do this?

If someone knows about the Singleton pattern please reply. Thanks

Alicia

Reply to
Alicia Roberts

Alicia, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't use any electrical engineering techniques for this.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Reply to
Jim Douglas

: Alicia, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't use any electrical engineering : techniques for this.

Most computer work with electricity B-)

Reply to
Joonas Timo Taavetti Kekoni

Yes, but in all my many years of experience writing computer software, I have never once had to consider the electrical aspects.

Well, except that day I dismantled the power supply....but we won't go into that.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else