University Recommendation for night classes?

Hello, all...

I was recently employed as an on-call tech for a company that had hardly ANYTHING for me to do. So I started back to college and put away about 2 years towards my BSEE.

Then I was laid off earlier this month and now I'm having to work like a "real man" from 8-5pm. I'd like to finish my education but there are no night classes offered at the university in my area (I'm in El Paso, TX).

So I was wondering if anyone could recommend a school that one could get their entire BSEE at night (IE after 5pm). I'd like to look for a job in whatever city that has a college/university that offers this just so that I can finish!

Any direction is appreciated!

Thanks and take care.

Buzz

Reply to
Buzz L

Greetings.

You can find ABET-accredited BSEE degree programs by searching ABET's web site at:

or, even better,
(You may not have ever heard of ABET, but if you want an EE degree, you probably want an ABET-accredited degree. This is not meant as an endorsement of ABET, only an appreciation of its influence.)

The ABET directory won't indicate which accredited degree programs are available to evening students, but it will give you a starting point.

If you'd rather have you school come to you, you might want to consider the University of North Dakota. Although rather expensive (or reasonably priced, depending upon your residency), and although its methods & medium of tuition are not to my liking, the University of North Dakota currently has the only ABET-accredited BSEE available by distance means. See

N.B. UND also offers other non-EE engineering degrees, and there is/are also one or two distance BEng degrees available from Australia.

N.B. UND requires that you visit them for labs, which last between a few days to a week or two. My suggestion would be to avoid winter.

Good luck!

Cordially, Richard Kanarek

Reply to
Richard Kanarek

This is important if you want to get licensed one day.

Sincerely,

Donald L. Phillips, Jr., P.E. Worthington Engineering, Inc.

145 Greenglade Avenue Worthington, OH 43085-2264

snipped-for-privacy@worthingtonNSengineering.com (remove NS to use the address)

614.937.0463 voice 208.975.1011 fax

Don Phillips

Ouch, that's really pricey! And I thought that UTEP was expensive!!!

I looked through the list and found that the Univ. of NM has an evening program. That's fairly close so I could try to move up there. I wish more colleges offered distance learning! Most of the EE classes I've taken thus far could easily be accomplished from home. The prof. just outlines what the textbook says, gives homework, has exams, etc. I imagine that the labs would be hard to replicate but surely those smart fellas could come up with SOMETHING!

Thanks for the help! I'll keep looking around that list...

Buzz

Reply to
Buzz L

Avoid the one used by Airy Bean, the maths department seems to be very weak.

Chimera

Reply to
Chimera