Vintage HP Current Amplifier, Model 1111A

Hi, everyone. Can anyone point me in the direction of the specifications for Subject instrument. I've just refurbished one that I rescued from the dumpster, but I'm not sure over what frequency range it works - checks out good at 60 Hz, but what about audio frequencies? BTW, it consists of three pieces:

  1. a magnetic split-toroidal probe, plus coax cable,
  2. an electronics unit that drives a scope on the 50 mV/cm setting, and
  3. an old fashioned "wall-wart" p/s (before that term was in vogue!) - all built like a brick outhouse, typical of HP from that era. Cheers, Roger (P.Eng, EE, Canada) PS. I'd appreciate an email to "analogdino 'at' rogers 'dot' com" as I don't get back here often! Many thanks.
Reply to
Engineer

There are places wher you can download or buy manuals. Google. HP might even have a site itself.

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

the test instrument division, now called Agilent, has a great many manuals. Unfortunately not this one. they call it a "probe amplifier"

you might give these folks a call

. i seem to recall seeing quite a library of manuals last time i was there.

Reply to
TimPerry

Thanks, Bill, but did not find it. I got some specs from Dave that look interesting (higher bandwidth than I expected) so will set up some tests. Cheers, Roger

Reply to
Engineer

I got this kind email from a David G.

"The 1111A model number is just for the amplifier. The usual 1110A probe has a specified bandwidth of 850Hz-45MHz, so the amp is good up to at least 45MHz. It sounds like you have a different probe though."

I replied: "David, many thanks. My probe is, indeed, a model 1110A marked "1110A AC current probe 1 mV/mA". I'm surprised I got any 60 Hz signal at all out of it (I clamped it around a single lamp cord), but the low end of 850 Hz does explain why it seeemd to read very low - I thought my scope was out of calibration. I'll retest it using a sig. gen, audio amplifier and a 4 ohm speaker load, measuring the current up to 15 KHz or so (and comparing to 60 Hz, too!) Cheers, Roger"

Reply to
Engineer