Here's the sequence of events. By the way, the wire is 12 guage.
- Replace old(but working lamppost)
- New lamppost does not light
- Voltage check shows it's pulling about 103 Volts. (voltage drop)
- Assuming I have somehow bent a wire, I dig down(and then back up) to find 'virgin' wire.
- Testing virgin wire shows still only 103 Volts!!!!
Bear in mind the old lamppost light worked(I tried hardwiring to the wire and it would not light up with the 103 Volts.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. At this point, I figure I need to dig to uncover the old line and maybe find when the voltage drop is acceptable.