Wire size vs. Breaker Size---Followup Question

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:01:03 GMT Randell Tarin wrote: | snipped-for-privacy@ipal.net wrote: | |> | I think the prudent measure would be to have everything rated at 20A. |> | This is good insurance against whatever future energy hogs come on the |> | scene. |> |> Like heating elements used as light sources? | | | How else I'm I supposed to power my bedside rotissiere? Let's not | forget the digital clock radio that doubles as a water bed/hot tub | heater. ;-) | | I'm just saying it's easier to prewire than rewire.

I do agree. But I just hope we try better at avoiding energy hogs in the future. The typical home should never need more than 200A service and should do fine on even 100A. IMHO, if they want more than 48 kVA, they should be required to take a higher voltage or three phase to get it.

I'm all for charging commercial power rates for all residential power usage for the amount that exceeds the median for homes in that climate zone (determined county by county or city by city). That should help to discourage waste.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

I am taking my lead from Al Gore. I may not be able to use the quarter of a gigawatt hour he uses in a year but I will do my best.

Reply to
gfretwell

You need to go back to school to get your Doctorate of Hypocrisy degree before competing with him.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr