wireless button question

Hello, I was wondering if anyone in here might know how I might be able

to control an analog switch with a wireless button? I would like to control a 4066 analog switch wirelessly. I'm looking for something that would have real quick response time from whenever my button is pressed, and the range doesn't have to be more than a few feet. I don't know anything about wireless, but just seeing all the wireless mouses, car alarms, toy cars...etc, makes me think that this might be possible. I'm just not sure how to get started and where to look.

Thanks!

Reply to
panfilero

I don't know if what I want exist, but I need something where I can hook up a button that is on momentarily when pressed to a transciever. And that on the reciever end it enables a switch instanteously only while the button is pushed. I need to be able to push the button repeatedly very quickly and have the switch at the reciever end respond without any noticable delay.

Does anyone know if this exist, and if it does, where I can find it?

thank you.

Reply to
panfilero

What is the maximum repetition rate in presses per second that you wish to design for?

The button will need "de-bouncing" (look that up). The debounce circuit will be designed to only allow a signal every so many mSec - you simply have to make sure that that time period is less than the minimum time period between genuine button presses.

The most significant delay is going to be the length of time it takes between you thinking of pressing the button, and the button depressing sufficiently to close the contacts.

If the range is only a few feet and you have line of sight, then an LED torch (even just a keyring one) and a photo-transistor may give you what you want.

Reply to
Palindr☻me

Well, the maximum rate isn't much, just 3 or 4 times per second. It is as fast as I can push the button with my finger. The range I need is only a few feet, but I don't have a direct line of sight, I need it to pick up the signal from the button no matter where I am (within the few feet range)

thanks!

Reply to
panfilero

Then go for a wireless doorbell (suitably modified) or a very cheap radio controlled vehicle (pushbutton type, rather than proportional control).

Reply to
Palindr☻me

on what end would the debounced circuit go, the reciever or transmitter? what kind of transmitter/reciever are you referring to? Do you know of any that I could look up on the web? I think the wireless doorbell wouldn't have a quick enough response (but I'm not sure) i can tap the button real fast at maybe 6 times per second, and my switch should only latch while the button is pressed. The button part (inluding tranmitter) has to be pretty small.... like car alarm size if possible.

thanks

Reply to
panfilero

It makes no significant difference. The object is simply to stop false re-triggering of your analogue switch.

I suggested a toy radio controlled car - one of the really cheap ones without proportional control.

The electronics panel in a toy radio control car remote control are very small - they just need re-packaing and a smaller battery to meet your requirement.

Or you could look at retro-fit car remote door lock transmitter/receivers.

Reply to
Palindr☻me