wiring 220 clothes dryer

Hi I am not sure this is the correct group, but here goes ....

I am moving a electric dryer from 1st floor to 2 floor ,so I figure I will be running about 60 additional feet of # 10 gage wire, so my question is at what distance would a # 8 wire be recommended ?

thanks in advance

Reply to
Michiganspank

The Canadian Electrical code allows 3% drop in a branch circuit (ie. from panel to load). #10 is breakered at 30 amps. At 30 amps, a 3% drop will occur at ~105feet. The general rule of thumb for residential wiring is to increase the wire size whenever the run is greater than 100 feet. Russell

Reply to
Russell