2004 Sets

This is going to be Lego's worse year in many years, the new sets suck!!!!!!!

Reply to
VMccut6032

you are right. i saw the mos eisley cantina and the firefighter boat... horrible. the rebel snowspeeder seemed decent, though, but the complete lack of detail in the mos eisley set is too head-shakeable.

check it out for yourselves...

Reply to
Frmthgrav

When I look at the list, I see two of the best Star Wars Mini's either...

And I also see an inexpensive fireboat that I would have loved to have when I was a kid.

To my knowledge, we haven't seen any of the new Technic sets for this year. Let's see if they can top 8455.

Reply to
Neb Okla

The Mos Eisley Cantina is rather small, it seems they were focusing more on the accessories then the actual Cantina. I will still buy it because of the Land Speeder and mini-fig's...

solar

Reply to
solar

the land speeder looks ok... ill give it that. the cantina flat out sucks. it looks like they used ten bricks to 'pretend' there is a wall there. its sickeningly basic.

i give it a 30 out of 100 on the lugnet scale.

Reply to
Frmthgrav

No argument here..It is pretty pathetic to look at. Im not sure what they were thinking when they designed the Cantina part of this Lego set. Maybe they should have called it something else as well. Im going to wait and see how much it sells for before i decide to buy it. Im guessing in the $25-35 range...

solar

Reply to
solar

re: the cantina set>Im going to

~30 bucks (lugnets list price) is a lot of money for that P.O.S. with 193 pieces. (i dont know if it matters to you, but you get one of those camel wanna-be desert reptiles in the set which is ridden by a stormtrooper.) now, for 20 bucks you get 213 pieces in the rebel snowspeeder set (and 3 lego guys to boot). its a better deal.

if i was a star wars lego collector, id make my own damn cantina set by hitting bricklink and getting the essential pieces (the tan archs for the building and the brown curved plates for the land speeder) and save my money.

Reply to
Frmthgrav

Oh it isn't THAT bad... ATM I'm looking around in the Online-Shop and see, they already (or again?) have the Restaurant I've got 10 Years ago :) The Train Station isn't that small 10-bricks-shit it was 2000/2001, and the Mainstreet-Set is for sale again. Thats all they have in "City"... OK, that IS bad :( Times, where they had great Fire- and Police-Stations or Gas Stations(!) are over. Apparently todays kids don't wanna play with that :-/

-Florian

Reply to
Florian Bruecher

Star wars, Harry Potter, Bionicle, and.....SPIDERMAN 2!!!!!

nuff said, your all nuts!

the MAdd1!

Reply to
FREDRICK FELTMAN

Although I understand that different people have different emotional responses to any given LEGO set, I have never entirely understood the point of such debates. I thought the fundamental point of LEGO was to encourage creativity and allow people to build whatever they wish using a great building system. Therefore, it seems to me you are only limited by your imagination. Even the variations over time of LEGO building blocks can be an opportunity. For those of you that doubt this, take a look at the many unique creations posted on such web sites as

and
I should mention that I often buy LEGO sets that don't have too much shelf appeal just so I can use the pieces in the set to build other things. Don't get me wrong, I love many of the sets LEGO has sold over the years and I often build according to LEGO instructions both for fun and to gain building experience. I get many ideas while following instructions.

If my attempt at explaining my thoughts on LEGO is unclear, just spend some time with children playing with LEGOs. Its wonderful to see how uninhibited a child's creativity can be. I hope to someday regain that level of creativity myself. By the time I was out of college, I was no longer as creative as I had been in my youth.

Have a great holiday season!

- John Eric

Reply to
John Eric Voltin

people to build whatever they wish using a great building system. Therefore, it seems to me you are only limited by your

my view on this:

lego continuously creates new bricks, plates, etc. every year and REMOVES the creativity by making specific pieces. since i prefer the city/trains sets, having a lego piece with a harry potter picture on it does me absolutely no good. it is set- specific, and that does not encourage creativity.

Reply to
Frmthgrav

My words! All those new sets _prevent_ 'creative development' (you know what I mean) instead of stimulating it. It's like Playmobil... Look at this JackStone crap - what are kids supposed to build with six poles and a plate? If I need some bricks for my city-buildings I need to look at eBay - Lego doesn't sell them. They don't sell _anything_ along those lines. And thats no challenge - what if i want to build a little fair-carousel? No way, i can find bricks for that in one of the new sets

- IMHO thats very sad :/

-Florian

Reply to
Florian Bruecher

If we had newsgroups in 1978, you turkeys would have been complaining about moveable minifig arms and legs.

If you don't like change, go play with a rock. :P

Reply to
Neb Okla

"Frmthgrav" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m07.aol.com...

Then you haven't seen my 6-yo play with anything coming from LEGO. He can use his imagination fine enough with all the new bricks as well. Harry Potter, Bionicle, Technic, Jack Stone, you name it.

Nothing wrong with LEGO - just use your imagination - if you can find it.

Tine, mother and LEGO-builder

Reply to
Tine Andersen

you couldve added your comment without your little snooty insult at the end. it was uncalled for.

my comments stand.

Reply to
Frmthgrav

"Frmthgrav" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m15.aol.com...

I don't know about you - I find it diffucult sometimes to find MY imagination in the middle of having two kids, a house and working full time. I see most of my adult surroundings having the same difficulties. I would say it's more the rule than the exeption that adults lack the imagination children have.

Tine

Reply to
Tine Andersen

I like the new Technic and creators sets for 2003/2004, Sometimes even I have a hard time creating as an adult fan of lego.And yes sometimes I will buy a set even I may not like but I also use parts that I need and put parts I do not need into my lego box at work and my co workers play and build with them at work. From Andy

Reply to
V. Margaret McKenney

Of course!

Since the "original" minifigures were two pegs wide, you could fit two across in a 6-wide car. Now they're too dang wide! :-)

Reply to
Greg D. Moore (Strider)