LEGOLAND!

I just got back from a visit to Legoland with my 6-YO son & it was FANTASTIC! I see lots of people dissing the park but it gets my vote! My son was allowed to choose where we went for vacation this year & that's where he wanted to go.

I LOVED seeing all the things built from Legos, he loved the rides & activities. He's used to going to Astroworld here in Houston, where he's not tall enough to ride a lot of the rides. He could have ridden everything in Legoland if he'd wanted to (he doesn't 'do' rollercoasters!). We rode the Hydroblaster (I believe that's the name) FIVE times!! None of the lines were long, except for the self-propelled water boats. He LOVED driving & getting his driver's license there. We spent all day & were disappointed when they closed. We had to be 'shooed' out of the park at 6:30 (they closed at 6 the day we went) & could've stayed MUCH longer.

When I asked him what his favorite thing was in the Park he really surprised me & said "all the things made out of Legos". I expected him to say "Hydroblaster" or one of the other rides but he (& I!) were just fascinated by the Lego sculptures/animals.

I agree preteens & teenagers would be bored there, unless they REALLY like to build things w/Legos. But it gets my vote as a terrific park for kids!

Reply to
DC

"DC" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Which one - being a Dane there is only one - Billund.

We go there 3 days in a row. We stay at the nearby (across the street - direct access to Legoland) quite expensive hotel, and 3 days give the kids time to go many times on all the rides, give Mom time to build mindstorms and give Dad time to watch the mini lands.

Apart from that we go to the bar in the hotel and drink non-alcoholic cocktails and we build with LEGO in the basement of the hotel until 11 o'clock.

My kids are 6 and 11 - we are 45 and 50.

We don't manage to go every year - it costs as much as a one week vacation some other place.

Tine, Denmark

Reply to
Tine Andersen

Reply to
Rick

For some reason their voice mail system doesn't have a "talk to a real person" option. Can you get into the store without buying admission to the park?

Any info on the stock in the store would be appreciated as well.

-- Mark Heaely marknews(at)healeyonline(dot)com

Reply to
Mark Healey

Reply to
Rick

The store is inside the park, but supposedly there is some option where they take your credit card number and give you an hour pass to go into the store. If you stay longer than the hour, they charge you park admission. If you leave before the hour is up you don't get charged. I've never done this myself, but that's what I've heard on groups like this. As to merchandise, you can get pretty much any currently available set. There are also special promotional items (t-shirts etc) that you can't get elsewhere. The big deal, though, is that there is a store where you can buy loose bricks. This wasn't there when I was there, though, so I can't tell you what pieces are included.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce H