Minifig Scale USS Missouri

Could someone test my math for me?

Assume a minifig is 6 feet tall.

Now, taking the USS Missouri dimensions: Length - 887' (270.4 m) Width - 108' (33 m) Height - 210' (63.9 m)

What is the length/width/height of the actual model?

I don't have a ruler/minifig handy, but I'm told that a minifig = 4 standard bricks tall = ~5 pegs tall.

That's giving me a length of 36.5 feet, a height of 4.6 feet and a width of 4.5 feet. Now, I know that when the scale shrinks, numbers get closer together, but the width and heigh seem way too close to be right.

And no, I don't think I could do it. I'm just curious :) heck, I don't think I could do just one of the 16 inch guns :)

Reply to
jaydeflix

Easier; assume that minifig scale is 1:40 (that's indicated on the Ferrari models).

6.76 m or 845 studs in minifig scale

0.82 m or 103 studs in minifig scale

1.60 m or 500 plates in minifig scale

Your math definitely looks wrong to me.

Play well,

Jacob

Reply to
Jacob Sparre Andersen

Not the best news I've ever had but at least it wasn't a test =)

I wish I could figure out where my numbers went wonky, but thanks for the sanity check.

Reply to
jaydeflix

Using your assumption of a minifig being 6 feet tall, and the actuall height of a minfig is 1-5/8", you have the following dimensions of a scale USS Missouri:

L = 887' = 148 minifig lengths = 20'

W = 108' = 18 minifig lengths = 2' 5-1/4"

H = 210' = 35 minifig lengths = 4' 8-7/8"'

As for your calculations, you are off by a factor of 2 in the height, so that is the calculation where the error lies.

Reply to
Ken Rice