Re: Why don't the Lego Cannons in the US fire?

It seems really easy to obtain a fire arm in the US, yet the harmless

> cannons in Lego sets didn't fire.

I don't see what firearms have to do with Lego pirate cannons.

I've heard that there is a US law governing the minimum size of toy projectiles (to prevent choking).

Since firearms are not toys, these rules do not apply.

One would wonder though if BB guns are considered toys or sporting goods. I'd imagine that a BB gun or a pellet gun is probably not considered a toy.

Why is this so? I assume water pistols and guns that shoot foam > projectiles actually do fire in the US? > So why not Lego cannons?

The foam pieces seem to be bigger - though I have seen toy guns that shoot small plastic projectiles in the cheapo toy aisle at the grocery store.

As for water, I wouldn't consider it to be a solid that someone can get caught in their throat - nor can it put an eye out.

Probably just a legal decision on the part of TLC.

Reply to
Neb Okla

They did to start with. then someone complained I guess and the US Nanny state took over. They started by removing the springs (you can convert them back with a bic biro spring aparently) then released a remoulded all in one piece (which looks nicer imho)

ta

James www.m> It seems really easy to obtain a fire arm in the US, yet the harmless

Reply to
James Stacey

Lawyers. And the real bitch is that since they control the courts and legislatures we can't just shoot 'em.

-- Mark Heaely marknews(at)healeyonline(dot)com

Reply to
Mark Healey