Rokenbok play tables

I googled rokenbok and came up with this group so hopefully I can get some thoughts here....

My son has Rokenbok- too much, IMO, and it's all over the living room floor. It's the only toy allowed in the living room- otherwise it's for fibers (spinning, weaving, knitting, etc) and the toys can cover most of the floor. I got a coffeetable to play around but mostly the toys go back to the floor. I've looked at the rokenbok play table but it looks mighty small compared to my floor! My feeling is that kids mostly will play on the floor- but adults want the tables because we still want to vacuum, have a place for the dog to sleep and our knees get sore sitting on the floor to build. Is this accurate? *Will*

4 and 7 yo kids use a good table if they have one there?

If I do decide to invest further in a table, I wanted to find some foam that is like the dense stuff used in girls' sandels for the footbed but don't know what it's called. clues, anyone? I thought I would buy a sheet bigger than the table so it gave more space, but could be shrunken during phases of not playing with the Rokenbok- but was also a bit of a rough surface so the vehicles run well.

--

-- Kate,

Mom to Ursula (10), Sage (7.5), Benno (4!!) Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold -- but so does a hard-boiled egg. snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
katecat