Transformer for Mindstorm

I have LEGO mindstorm 2,0.
and I wish to use a transformer instead of the 6 1,5V Batteries
but witch transformer do I need
The output on the Transformerh as to be 9Volts
But how many Amp. or Watts
Hope someone knows the ansver
Niels Peter
Reply to
Niels Peter
The Lego Train transformer is more than adequate. It is rated at 12 VAC 7 VA. This is then rectified to DC at 9 Volts. I have used one rated at 375 MA with success. This is from a telephone answering machine. The RCX will run at 7 volts if you cannot find any other. Be sure to maintain the polarity as you can damage the RCX.
Reply to
Bob Fay
thanks. just the info I needed.
Niels Peter