Transformer for Mindstorm

I have LEGO mindstorm 2,0. and I wish to use a transformer instead of the 6 1,5V Batteries

but witch transformer do I need The output on the Transformerh as to be 9Volts But how many Amp. or Watts

Hope someone knows the ansver

Niels Peter

Reply to
Niels Peter

The Lego Train transformer is more than adequate. It is rated at 12 VAC 7 VA. This is then rectified to DC at 9 Volts. I have used one rated at 375 MA with success. This is from a telephone answering machine. The RCX will run at 7 volts if you cannot find any other. Be sure to maintain the polarity as you can damage the RCX.

Reply to
Bob Fay

thanks. just the info I needed.

Niels Peter