12-year wants to learn lockpicking

I know very little about the subject, but my 12-year old wants to learn how to pick locks. Knowing that his interest may be short-term - but also wanting to encourage him - what is a good and inexpensive way to get him started?

TIA!

Reply to
zach

Are you out of your f'ing mind?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

google is your friend !

Key

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung###++++***@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4725dd25$0$24351$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...

now whats wrong with that ? do you always have something negetive to say ?

Reply to
Key

Why not introduce your child to the use of fully automatic assault weapons???? You must already be certain that your child would never consider using things, that he or she learns, in a illegal or destructive manner. In other words......... 'are you really that stupid to believe your child should learn to 'pick' locks open without having a legitimate key????? When your child decides to practice his/her new skills on my front door I'll be sure to call you .... that way you can retrieve his/her body.

Reply to
rifnraf

At age 12, what possible use could a person have for lock picking?

I very often say positive things.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I learned how to pick locks at age 12, ans things worked out just fine. Like many things in society, this boils down to having a solid moral foundation and individual intent.

At that age the parent is ultimately responsible for any financial restitution and suit penalties.

Reply to
BogusID

LOL, that reminded me of the original Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory movie. One of the winning kids was seriously into western TV shows and wanted a

6-shooter, but his dad replied in the interview "Not til your 12, son".
Reply to
BogusID

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung###++++***@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:47264995$0$24306$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...

my grandson is 12 and also interested in picking locks... matter of fact, he is getting pretty good at it...

but you also post many negitive things..

---- 'Key =====

Reply to
Key

there are many folks that pick locks as a hobby and find it interesting...

Reply to
Key

So learning the mechanics of locks is equivalent to learning how to use an assault rifle? Sheesh, what an asshole. I clearly wasted my time here.

Reply to
zach

Thanks. I've seen a bunch of links but was really looking for a good intro "kit" or something. But judging by some of the other responses I'll just forget about trying to get helpful advice here.

Reply to
zach

Yea yea we know. You only teach picking to your make believe employees that your make believe legitimate and licensed business pays make believe FICA on after they have been working for you for 2 years and only after said make believe employees have passedan FBI background check.

Reply to
DB

Positively stupid things. I used to think other people on this group ragged on you a little hard but after reading a lot of your posts I'm beginning to see the other side. I still remember some guy on here breaking your balls over that scam of a masterkeying job you did and bragged about for some factory or some such thing. After that if I were you I don't think I'd criticize other people much because your credibility is pretty well non-existent.

Reply to
DB

Assault weapons are by defintion "fully automatic" or at least capable of fully automatic fire, and why not indeed? A gun in the hands of an honest person is no more of a threat to any other honest person than a lockpick or anything else.

You must already be certain that your child would never

You mean like baseball bats, cars, trucks, gasoline, matches and everything else that can be used detructively?

In other words......... 'are you really that stupid to believe

I honestly believe peope like you must be criminally inclined and thus instantly assume that everyone else thinks the same way.

When your child decides to practice his/her new skills on my front

You're the sort of person who shouldn't be trusted with weapons, and, considering where you're posting from, you pretty much aren't. The simple act of a 12 year old picking the lock on your front door, and nothing else, doesn't justify deadly force to any rational person, and in fact in the lalaland you are posting from self defense is not even recognized as a legitimate reason to own firearms.

Reply to
DB

Pretty much. Shooting skills and lockpicking are both simply skills with a tool that can be used or misused depending entirely on the desire of the user.

Reply to
DB

He seems to. I used to think people were a little hard on him the way he got ragged on but my opinion has changed. He's done by his own account some pretty questionable stuff but he's always the first person to jump on somebody else.

Reply to
DB

Absolutely ... morality, ethics and intent. Common points of a lawful society, often focal points in court.

Reply to
BogusID

The rest of your reply is sheer non-sence so I will skip to your only item of real interest to me.............. Let's see........... your comment stems from your realization that I'm posting from Australia....... Yes the laws here regarding these weapons are very strict .............That is great thing. Can't remember that time any headline here described the use of an assault weapon being used on fellow students .......... How about the USA???? Go ahead and teach 12 year olds lockpicking.... You might also want to teach them the skills of running fast, as it is prudent to leave the crime scenes in a hurridly fashion.

Reply to
rifnraf

In other words you can't mount any rational argument to anything I said and concede the points. .

Probably because a tiny minority of people like you who insinuate you would shoot 12 year olds don't have them. Still foolish to penalize millions for the instability of a few.

The USA is a free, and for the most part, non PUSSIFIED country and thus bares little resemblance to Australia, the Pussification of which is very advanced. Even so US gun deaths are statistically so small as not to be worth worrying about.You down in lalaland don't even have a recognized right to aremed self defense. Your criminals right to safety while robbing raping and pillaging is more important than your right to defend yourselves.

Go ahead and teach 12 year olds

Spoken like a true criminal. Do they let you use computers in your jail cell or do you have to go to some sort of common area?

Reply to
DB