Need Help with Resetting an Elsafe Xtra Advanced 43

While replacing the batteries, I noticed the reset button and tested it. I had the door open but in the locked position, i.e. the metal bars which lock the door in place are extended, when I pressed the reset button. Unfortunately for me, it no longer remembers the code I used to extend the bars (i.e. lock it). The display starts with "Intro Code" then times out letting me enter 4-digit codes. After 5 tries it goes into a "wait 15 minutes" mode which I can reset immediately with the reset button. Anyone know how I can get the safe door in the open position so I can close the door and begin using it?

Model: Elsafe Xtra Advanced 43 Model Code: XA43WFA20041100

Reply to
mdp

Try 0000 or 1111 - just a guess.

Reply to
peterwn

Thanks for replying. Already tried those and about 100 other codes. Manually moved the bars back to the open position, reset it, and all was well again. It now takes codes.

Reply to
mdp