Abus 37RK/80 Granit Padlock Closed Shackle recommended to me

Hello lock enthusiasts, I have the need to purchase eight padlocks for securing high value items to 25mm boron steel eyes attached to 1/2 metre thick rebar concrete via chain as yet unchosen. A close shackle lock will be most suitable for the physical layout as I wish to keep the locks off the ground to dissipate any attack by striking. A friend with similar needs recommends the Abus Granit 37RK/80 for the job. Previously I have used various Cisa shutterlocks but after seeing the results of a break-in at a friends compound I want to make things more difficult to attack. Does anyone have anything negative to remark on this lock? I have other security but the locks will be last line of protection.

Reply to
totalbollacks

use to sell Abus Motorcycle Locks... I use a "37/80 RK" on a Maximum Security Chain, also by Abus. it is a very fine lock & chain.

you can purchase Abus Locks online at:

g'day

Reply to
Key

I was recently introduced to Stanton Concept's new product called "The Link," and I think it would give you the security you're looking for. If you do a web search or go to stantonconcepts.us/ you can check it out. It's used along with a hockey puck type lock which can secure a chain -- and you said you're securing via chain. A Hockey Puck is far superior to a padlock because it has no exposed shackle to snip or torch, and The Link is made to be attached to any flat surface. I have absolutely no connection to Stanton products; I'm just offering my professional advise.

Reply to
Radrunner