Pundra Help

I have lost my sheet of pundra codes. I could use the depths for

151. The whole list would be awesome. Hope this does not break the rules. I only do pundra and farm out the rest so code software would be a wast.

Thanks

Reply to
rutgersauer

Some references would be helpful, that indicate you're in the trade?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What series? If you get these often, perhaps it would be better to keep 1 of each key on a string for reference, then simply make duplicate keys as needed.

Reply to
BogusID

Thank you. I know of guys that have done that. I have thought of that but more to put in the van. I used to impression but my eyes have started to give up the ghost for the marks needed even with the knife edge method. The series was the 101 to 300. The most basic of all. As far as the code software or books I did not expect someone to "give" away knowledge that they have for free. I had been given the sheet as part of a course long ago.

I have been "lurking" on this site for a couple of years now off and on. My primary business now is access control and cctv. I only do the odd bit of locksmithing to accomodate that or to help friends. Being a former locksmith is like any other trade. People are always coming to you for help and I help if I can.

That is the one thing I have always felt with locksmiths. The old school guys don't want to teach and the new school guys don't want to learn. Near the end of my locksmith days I had seen many people throw out perfectly fixable locks. They had been trained for the replacement dollar. I have even seen people insist the handing was wrong on a Schlage A80 because they did not even know how to get the knob off. Or people buying one of each hand on Adams Rite stuff because the could not change the hand of a paddle.

I actually asked a fairly simple question. I will put on my reading specs and impression my buddies cabinet after all.

Reply to
rutgersauer

I only do pundra and farm out the rest so code software would

How do you get a gig only working on one brand of lock?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

As I mentioned in my last post locksmithing is no longer my core business. I had the code keys and codes from an old course.

I live in a very large urban centre and we have a large office furniture service centre that cuts keys and stocks parts. Just saving myself the time. It only takes 2 minutes to cut these with the codes.

I have seen people being sniped at on this group in the past and I am not sure why I bothered to post.

To those who did send me the cuts, thank you.

As far as making sure I have locksmith knowledge what would a newbie do with 15135? They could still not make a key without a machine or depth keys.

Reply to
securityengineering

in the same two minutes, one could also impression the key.

who snipped at ya ? I didn't see anyone snip at ya.

you're lucky. you could have very well been someone that wanted to break into a coworkers desk. there was/is no real way to tell.

uh ? yea they could. I can do it with a file and that info in about 15 seconds...

Reply to
Key

Yeah right.

so code software would

Determine the actual depth and space increments from another key and file them into a new blank.

They could still not make a key without a machine or

BS. All you need is a file and a cheap pair of dial calipers. How long exactly were you a locksmith?

Reply to
Steve

How can you possibly "only do Pundra" unless you work for a maufacturer of something that only uses Pundra.

Reply to
DB

A locksmith that only does Pundra.

Reply to
DB

By specializing in furniture like some do cars? Having one or two large accounts that use the same cubicles is all it takes...

Reply to
BogusID

You'd not only have to specialize in furniture but only furniture that used that brand of lock.

It sounds like bs to me. If he wants to see if somebody will look up a code for him more power to him but just flat out ask. Saying you only do one brand of lock stretches the realm of belief.

Reply to
DB

I got a fella thats a pretty good customer of mine, that sells horse trailers.. He IIRR had 7 DIFFERENT brands of trailers on his lot recently.. ALL the brands take THE SAME BRAND of lock, and there are only 60 keys to open em ALL. so, yes, you CAN get VERY specialized in your work.. and BTW, so far the cuts to the keys are not yet available, but I imagine that will change here in a bit.

--Shiva--

Reply to
me