Anyone have a source for decals?

I'm looking detail my safe's front door. The safe is painted black
(very nicely done, btw, automotive-type finish) but its rather plain.
I'm looking to do either gold leaf lettering or better yet, water
decals. I cannot find any source for these. As far as lettering goes,
I'm not striving for authenticity, so I'd probably do something like "
Wells Fargo & Co." or the like. I'm open to any
suggstions/opinions/ideas. Thanks!! Norm
Reply to
The Doctor
Wells Fargo is not going to be allowing their nifty old logo to be commercially produced for sale to be decal/ed onto things.
I don't think. I can't imagine that happening. I think you would have to 'con' [=convince somehow] a decal maker to copyright infringe based on some picture you find of the WF logo.
I once almost convinced a Tshirt maker to make a nifty Tshirt with Escher's writing hands as a small pic on the left chest and a big one of his Another World pic on the back. But right in the middle of the 'project' the shirt maker discovered that the pics I had provided were copyrighted, so the deal got killed.
I hadta' make it my own self as an iron on -- not quite as durable as the one I was going to have made. I luv Tshirts.
Reply to
Mike Easter
Hi Mike, Hmm I didn't even give that a tought, but you're right...a lot of these huge companies wouldn't let you even write it on with a crayon! It doesn't have to be a W-F logo, though...that was just the most common one that I had in mind. Norm
Reply to
The Doctor
Here's a page that teaches you how to make your own decal
your own custom decals isn't as difficult as it might seem.
Then somehow find a pic of that gold arching Wells Fargo logo you often see on TV -- not the current one -- and make a decal.
Reply to
Mike Easter
phone book.. find a CUSTOM hot rod shop, and ask them who does pin striping.
then, perhaps if you dont like that, hit the local college art department and see if any on the studends do gold leaf..
then.. put your name on it..
Joe Brown, Esq.
--Shiva--
Reply to
me
Look to your phone book for sign makers or sign painters. You want to find some old timer that can do gold leaf and or pin stripping.
I have seen these done and it looks like a million bucks, but the cost is not that bad. Rather than to re-do the safe with a safe companies name, have the sign guy incorporate your name or the name of your business. You can also have a little fun with this. Let's say that your name was Wilson. You could have the sign guy paint up the safe to say something like "Wilson's Saloon and Brothel est. 1849 Placerville Calif." or such other fun stuff.
Reply to
Roger Shoaf
make what ya want for personal use. get some paint and some suitable stencils.
g'luck
Reply to
Key
Search letter stencils.
No, I wanted this on the back, big
because of the balance of its colors, shades, textures, and general 'Escher-ness', and I wanted a cropped and 'modified' version of this one little on the left chest
modified to be more 'black and white' and less shades and more contrast, and then I put M.C. Escher's signature under that one.
Naturally that was totally non-compliant with copyright laws, so you wouldn't want to wear it around someplace where a copyright stickler would turn you in to the World of Escher people, who also sell Tshirts.
The last time I went to an Escher exhibit there were Tshirts for sale, and I bought one, but they didn't have one just like I liked.
I like for the small pic to be on one side of the chest and the big pic to be on the back. The Escher dudes don't do it like that, and they didn't have exactly what I wanted
They put the big pic on the front. Not my 'style'. As a Tshirt afficionado, the business about where the big pic goes is a subject of much contention, just like what kind of beer is best and a few other important issues.
Reply to
Mike Easter
"The Doctor" snipped-for-privacy@erols.com -- the OP original poster who started this thread -- is the one with the safe project.
I'm chatting 'offtopic' about my Tshirt project because I drifted into copyright issues.
Safe decals, hand painted safes, and stencils wouldn't have helped me put MC Escher art on my Tshirt.
Reply to
Mike Easter
You could try
or .net I think. He makes decails for small metal miniatures. He can make them up to 8.5x11. You provide the artwrok and he will make the water decal. The artist's name is Steven Strnad. The Doctor wrote:
Reply to
wer2chosen

Site Timeline