bump-proof padlocks?

I'm looking for more information on bump-proof padlocks.

Is there a general consensus on which locks are bump-proof?

Is there any measurable difference in, er, "bumpiness" between a regular doorlock and a padlock, or are both types of locks equally bumpable?

The "Abloy Protec" is supposedly bump-proof, but at $200+ (up here in Canada anyway), it's not an easy sell. Do older Abloy padlocks (with the half-moon key) stand up as well as the Protec to bumping? If so, are they still available in the Vancouver BC area anywhere?

If I don't want to spring for an Abloy, what are my other options? Will a good disc lock padlock do instead? If so, what do professionals recommend?

Thanks

(please post, don't email. it likely won't get through my hyperaggressive spam filter)

Reply to
Reid Fleming

Billy B. Edwards Jr.

Why not purchase a Master guarded shackle combination padlock for $20?

Reply to
BogusID

S&G combo padlocks, abloy and clones like Sobo etc.

Reply to
Tim Mathews