dent pullers

my dent puller does not seem to have a screw of adequate size to place in a standard lock.

so do you have any suggestions as to how i might find an adequate size screw to fit a door lock? i e locked out of house????

Reply to
buffy_summers1301

am i missiig a step to be fore placing the screw in the lock such as does it need to be drilled etc any help would be appreaciated?

Reply to
buffy_summers1301

I am not a locksmith, but if you are looking for the forcible entry newsgroup, I think you should check out a forcible entry course for emergency response teams, such as Forcing Locks and Doors using Hand and Power Tools -- Through-the-Lock Methods

Somehow I doubt if the little hammer on a typical dent puller bonking against a screw in the lock is going to get the job done satisfactorily.

The locksmiths here are likely going to tell you that the least amount of door security repair is going to be accomplished by a locksmith instead of an amateur autobody repair tool/person.

Reply to
Mike Easter

check out the FAQ

asking defeating instructions on this open forum.

Reply to
Key

Yes a screw is needed or pehaps several. Unfortuantly the kind of screws you have loose are not available at the hardware store.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

As one of my neighbors found out when he locked himself out of his house, If the door isn't solid (in his case the rear door), there's a good chance you'll pull the entire lock and surrounding material out of the door, damaging the door that even a mag plate won't be able to repair.

Skip

Reply to
Skip

Yeah go to a hardware store and tell them you are wasting your time trying to use a dent puller on a lock it ain't gonna work on. They should be able to fix you right up.

Reply to
Steve